Re: Lying applicants

Subject: Re: Lying applicants
From: "Michele Cottingham (BCS)" <cottingh -at- GROUCHO -dot- BSN -dot- USF -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:22:23 -0400

Andrew,

I believe that liars should bear the consequences of their actions. How
can put your trust in a person's word if you know them to lie to you,
blatantly in your face? I do agree that firing that young woman was best
for you and your company.

I know that sometimes my honesty of my skills or lack of skills have kept
me from attaining certain jobs even though I had the majority of skills
that the employer needed. However, because of one certain task that had to
be done with a certain software, I am not eligible to obtain the position.
I would rather be upfront with the person and let them know so there are
no suprises on either side. I can lie and say I have the skills, even get
away with it by fussing around. Someday, it will come back to bite me and
I look foolish as a professional writer in this field.

I am caught in a situatin of lack of employment or training.

I tell them that I am a quick study since I do have the basics as well as
expertise of the others, but they don't want to train me for that certain
task. I guess they are willing to sift through all the others who say yes,
but really lack the skills or those who are genuine but require more
money.

Michele
Aspiring writer

Michele Cottingham
Technical Writer/Graphic Artist
email:cottingh -at- groucho -dot- bsn -dot- usf -dot- edu
url:http://www.bsn.usf.edu/~cottingh

Follow the Golden Rule
Treat each other's email as you would like yours to be treated.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=