Re: Interview questions (maybe gettin' off topic?)

Subject: Re: Interview questions (maybe gettin' off topic?)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:07:09 -0500

> One thing he told me... is that biggest trend in interviewing
> is "behavior-based interviewing."
> Some examples might be "Tell me about a time when you had
> to complete a project, but
> were not getting cooperation from a SME."

We use this (and pardon me if you've heard this before, because I think
I've mentioned it here). Our method is called Targeted Selection, and
it's based on the theory that future performance can best be determined
by reviewing past performance, not by believing what the interviewee
thinks they "would do" in a certain circumstance. The interview is
extremely structured -- tell me about a time when you did X, and what
was the result. We don't rely on this interview alone, and we don't
watch eye movements to try and catch them in a lie. But I might try
Barry's experiment... it sounds interesting. :-)

Tracy
who may or may not be telling the truth
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=