My Int'l Work Experience

Subject: My Int'l Work Experience
From: "Weissman, Jessica" <WeissmanJ -at- ABACUSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:35:59 -0400

I've spent a couple of stints working overseas (six months in Denmark, two
months in South Africa, two months in India, various periods in England).
Granted I wasn't a TW, but a CBT developer and working as part of a group
that was expecting me and welcomed me.

All the experiences except India were wildly positive. India was okay but
the institutional support wasn't there and the infrastructure of the country
is such that without an active official sponsor you get absolutely nowhere
at least as a foreigner. When I let go of certain expectations about things
working as planned or advertised, I ended up getting lots more done.

Jessica Weissman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=