Has the Web advanced the written word? -Reply

Subject: Has the Web advanced the written word? -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- EMAIL -dot- EXIDE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:39:14 -0400

Writing is like fly-casting, playing the violin, baking bread, and quite a few other things. It basically takes practice.

To the extent that email affords quick and easy opportunities each day for me to practice writing, I'm a fan. I can't say enough good things about it. It's tough to spell-check your email, and that annoys me but doesn't stop my enthusiasm for the medium itself. Email has also brought about certain little quirks in our parlance, like IMHO and TIA, and writing shoulda instead of should have, and adding <g> and -:) -- but I welcome them as new friends to communication, not as enemies.

I think email helps my writing, just as journal writing and letter writing did before I had a computer.

Bill Sullivan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000