Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 2)

Subject: Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe (long response-Instalment 2)
From: "Stone, Rick" <rick -dot- stone -at- WORLDSPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:54:58 -0500

> alinks
>
>Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is the protocol (set of rules) used to
>describe, in a string of plain text characters, pages of text and images
>that a web browser displays on your computer monitor. ALINKS is a
>reserved word in HTML. By assigning a value to the ALINKS variable, a
>page designer conveys to the web browser the color in which to display
>hypertext links.

ALinks are also used in Windows 95/NT (WinHELP 4) help files. I believe that
they are called ALinks because of the fact that the footnote code A
designates the link.

> IRQ
>
> A way of doing something or other on the Internet. I haven't used it and
> don't know exactly what it is. Anyone?

IRQ is the acronym for Interrupt ReQuest. This refers to the way in which
the hardware devices in a PC signal to the CPU that they need attention.

> MIME
>
>An encoding protocol used for attaching files to email. I don't recall
>what it stands for at the moment.

I believe that this is the acronym for Microsoft Internet Mail Extensions

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=