Re: Getting Started Manual

Subject: Re: Getting Started Manual
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:18:03 -0700

I may be stating the obvious, but I think that a Getting Started manual
should include a description of what the software does. I've seen a number
of manuals that jump right into a describing how to use the software
without describing what it does.

I also like to include a brief tutorial that allows the user to succeed in
using the product. This hand-holding goes through logging on, one or two of
the most frequently used features, and logging off.

Lisa wrote:
>I may have to write a getting started manual for my company's internet
>banking system. As I have never written one before, I wanted to get
>some feedback about what type of information it should contain.
>
>I think a Getting Started manual should contain information about the
>following:
>Logging On
>Logging Off
>Screen Components
>Navigation
>How to use the online help provided
>Overview information of the system components.
Sue Ellen Adkins mailto:sea -at- netcom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=