Job Posting: Int/Sr Technical Writer, Markham (N. Toronto), Ontario

Subject: Job Posting: Int/Sr Technical Writer, Markham (N. Toronto), Ontario
From: paulaj <paulaj -at- PLATFORM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:03:33 -0700

Hello TECHWR-Lrs,

Within the posting guidelines I present the following great opportunity:

Title: Intermediate/Senior Technical Writer
Term: Full-time Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience

Cross Posted:
- Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
- STC Toronto Chapter Employment Centre
http://www.myna.com/torontostc/ > Job Bank

Duties:
- Contribute to the documentation process for a very technical UNIX and
Windows NT commercial software product
- Plan, research, write and edit content for user guides, reference guides,
release notes, man pages, online help, etc.

Qualifications:
- Five (5) years technical writing experience
- UNIX and Windows experience
- Strong FrameMaker or solid skills in similar applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team through all stages of the
development process
- Demonstrated planning and organizational abilities
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong technical background
- SGML/XML experience is considered an asset

The market leaders use our products; our cutting-edge technology makes for
exciting work and ever-changing challenges. Technical Writing at Platform
is not formulaic technical writing position. You are expected to be an
integral part of our software design teams; you will work closely with our
Software Designers at every step of the process.

We are an international company headquartered in Toronto with offices
throughout North America, Asia, and Europe. We offer competitive salaries
and a comprehensive benefits package.

Platform has been recognized as one of the best and fastest-growing Canadian
companies. Visit our web site at http://www.platform.com and tell us what
you think.

Forward your resume, in confidence, to:

Jeffrey Karmiol
Senior Technical Writer
Platform Computing Corporation
3760 14th Avenue
Markham ON Canada
L3R 3T7
fax: 905-948-9975 (a local call from Toronto)
email: jeffk -at- platform -dot- com

Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=