Internet / Intranet Documents

Subject: Internet / Intranet Documents
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:48:05 -0600

>>>My company is thinking about internet delivery of documentation (behind
>a firewall, etc.). We already deliver documentation on CD-ROM. We are
>interested in knowing if you deliver documentation by both CD-ROM and
>over the internet. If you do both, why, is it because all clients may
>not have internet access or is the product different? Do you charge for
>your documentation.

We now put all documents on our Intranet. The reason is that everyone has
access to them, they tend to be small files and are easily updated because
they are electronic. Before using this method of delivery, documentation We
are ISO Certified, so documentation becomes a big deal. We must be sure
that our quality system is in place, and good documentation is a big part
of this.

Robert Maxey
Technical Training Department -
3Com, Salt Lake city, Utah