And/Or

Subject: And/Or
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:08:21 -0600

>>Using "and/or" may be inelegant or even dorky, but I have never met
anyone
who didn't know what it meant. "or" does not imply "and" as well.

I have a simple question about and/or. AND implys that you must do both.
You do This And That. OR implies that you have a choice between two
options. You can do this OR that. How can there be an option that requires
you to do either of two options as well as only one or the other?

Bob

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=