Re: FWD: Pay Rates in Germany, Switzerland, Austria for English Writers

Subject: Re: FWD: Pay Rates in Germany, Switzerland, Austria for English Writers
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:38:16 +0200

Dear Anonymous,

The salary in Germany, Austria or Switzerland depend a lot on your
background (education, experience). It should be enough to a decent
lifestyle. You wont get rich, but but you can live.

There are some more serious points:

Working languages: Working language is in 99% of all possibilities German.
There are a few corporations who have English as their corporate language,
or they do have considerable export business. But even then, you will have
to deal a lot in German, particularly on the informal level.

Work permit: This can be very difficult to get in any of these countries.
The number of work permits are limited, particularly when you are not
resident of an EU country. (and in Switzerland, not even that will help a
lot).

Probably the best advice is to contact US corporations with suitable
European branches, or US branches of major European corporations.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

>Hi, All!
>
>I am interested in working as a tech writer in Germany, Switzerland, or
>Austria, and I need information about what technical writers earn in those
>places on average. I would want to write in English. Does anyone have
>information or resources to which I might be directed?
>
>Thanks!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=