A sample (Re: Shakespearean technical writing?)

Subject: A sample (Re: Shakespearean technical writing?)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:17:09 EDT

1. Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to
you, trippingly on the tongue:

but if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the
town-crier spoke my lines.

2. Nor do not saw the air
too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently;
for in the very:

- torrent
- tempest
and, as I may say,
- the whirlwind of passion

you must acquire and beget
a temperance that may give it smoothness.

NOTE:Oh, it offends me to the soul to hear a robustious
periwig-pated fellow tear a passion:
- to tatters
- to very rags
- to split the ears of the groundlings
who for the most part are capable of nothing but
inexplicable dumbshows and noise:

ALERT:I would have such a fellow whipped for o'erdoing Termagant; it
out-herods Herod: pray you, *avoid it*.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood

Updated!! Chez Jim: Jim Chevallier's home page - http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval