Re: Blue chip, bored, and biding time

Subject: Re: Blue chip, bored, and biding time
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:59:44 EDT

<< I'm making great money but am bored to death because nobody gives me
assignments (even when I tell people I'm bored and available and need work to
do). >>
That was exactly my situation here for a while.

A few options -
- Do some brainstorming about what they MIGHT need and start writing it (what
areas are covered by your department? What kind of info do they handle? What
memos, notes, etc. exist that might be formalized?)
- Ask around about existing documents - chances are they need updating,
reformatting, etc. (chances are too nobody bothered to tell you they even
exist)
- Start an inventory of all their documents (what they are, who requested them
or wrote them, etc.)
- If all else fails, get on the Web and start doing tutorials for every
product (Java, JavaScript, advanced HTML, etc.) you might need.

Much of what I've done here I've done on my own - they didn't know they needed
it until I brought them the first draft.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood

Improved!! Chez Jim: Jim Chevallier's home page -
http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=