Temporary items in technical documentation

Subject: Temporary items in technical documentation
From: Jon Herrera <jonherrera -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:40:23 -0700

Hi Technical Communicators:

I am working on a document set for a software product. As I write
documents, both the specs and the engineers identify certain features
as temporary, that is, it would be great to have those features, but
we're not sure if they're going to be in the final product.

How do you deal with such temporary items? It would have been easy if
I were dealing with a single document, but these items appear in the
user's guide, the glossary, the programmer's reference manual, and
other documents. This could really wreck my cross-references.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions (direct to me please, I
receive messages in the digest format). I'll submit a summary if
there is interest.

Thanks,
Jon Herrera
jonherrera -at- yahoo -dot- com