Re: Visio to Word97 Conversion (from digest)

Subject: Re: Visio to Word97 Conversion (from digest)
From: David Lettvin <dlettvin -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:51:00 -0700

Absolutely right, Max. I've had at least a dozen people ask me what
went wrong after they tried to convert raster to vector. My answer was
based on Amy's use of Visio which is vector graphics. I assumed,
perhaps improperly, that her graphics were probably not complex.

Admittedly, you can finagle a bit with vector graphics and scale them
properly before converting them to raster. Certainly, as you say, it
is a good solution for complex drawings.

---Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH> wrote:
Snip
> So, when you have a raster
> graphic, you can not easily scale it, even if you have placed it
into a
> vector format.
Snip
>But there are cases where
> rasterizing vector graphics is really needed. This is the case when
you
> have a very complex drawing from a CAD program. Redisplaying will
then take
> too much time, way more than with a raster graphic.

==
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=