Oracle help

Subject: Oracle help
From: Sandy Dryer <sdryer -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:26:39 -0400

Hi Sella,

We currently have help (we've always used RoboHelp) for an Oracle
app that's context sensitive at the window level only (the app
uses the help_key command to display a topic about the active
window). A colleague of mine at another office developed a
prototype using What's This? Help, but every time we propose it
to our Higher Ups here we haven't been able to get them to commit
a developer to work with us on hooking up the help to the app.
Very frustrating. Anyway, here are some articles my colleague
found on the subject. I hope someone else will be able to use
them.

If you try this and find it's all incredibly easy, I'd love to
hear any figures related to time it took you to develop the help,
etc., so we can run this by the Powers that Be again with a
stronger argument.

(Elna - I noted your reference to using "another windows-based
tool" to create the What's This? help. Couldn't we still use
RoboHelp to create the topics, but just not use the RoboHelp
What's This? Help Composer to hook them up? That was my
understanding, so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Hope this helps, and I'd love to hear how this turns out.

Sandy

Bill, Daniel.
“Calling Help from your Forms 4.5 application.”
Exploring Oracle Developer/2000 Designer/2000. November 1995.
http://www.cobb.com/eod/s_eod/9511/eod95b3.htm.

----. “Context-sensitive help in Forms Developer.” Exploring
Oracle Developer/2000 Designer/2000. January 1996.
http://www.cobb.com/eod/s_eod/9601/eod9613.htm.

---. “WinHelp in 32-bit environments.” .” Exploring Oracle
Developer/2000 Designer/2000. April 1997.
http://cobbnet.web.aol.com/eod/s_eod/9704/eod9744.htm