JOB: Technical writer; Alameda, California

Subject: JOB: Technical writer; Alameda, California
From: Robert Orenstein <rlo -at- PERFORCE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:19:01 -0700

Perforce Software is the creator and distributor of Perforce, a
software configuration management system. Programmers use Perforce
to manage their files and releases on multi-developer projects.

Perforce Software is located in Alameda, California. We're looking
for a full-time technical writer to join our small technical
writing staff. Duties will include:

* working with current writers to update documentation in four-month
intervals as new versions of the software are released;

* creating manuals for new add-ons to Perforce as they are developed;

* creating indices;

* running Framemaker to HTML conversions.

...and a few other things.

Perforce is a highly technical product; we pride ourselves
on explaining the product in simple, easy-to-understand terms.
Thus, candidates for this job will be evaluated primarily on their
skill at explaining difficult concepts clearly. Framemaker experience,
knowledge of WebWorks Publisher, and knowledge of software configuration
management systems are big plusses, but are not absolutely necessary.
Since work is done in while in close contact with the engineers,
telecommuting is not an option.

More information about our company is available at

http://www.perforce.com/

Applicants: Please send something that you're proud of having written,
along with a resume, to

Robert Orenstein
Perforce Software
2411 Santa Clara Ave, Suite 40