Re: US Professional issues

Subject: Re: US Professional issues
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:47:48 -0400

Amy Peacock wrote:

" I wonder if once you have done the telecommute thing it would be
> easier to get a telecommuting job? (Kind of a twist on the Catch
> 22...) Do you become more trustworthy after proving that you can do
> the job without someone standing over you all the time? "

This may have some validity.. in my case, I was an employed writer
at an office site with the developers. My Manager and the rest of the
company was in another state. My husband was transferred to yet another
state and thus I submitted my resignation. My Manager said "No way" to
resigning and offered to let me work from home. I didn't think I had the
discipline and told her that (I have a 2-yr-old). She offered to let me do
it on a trial basis for 3 months. I'm still doing it.

This situation benefitted her as well as me. She got an experience
writer who already knew the product and knew I could write on it. I got to
relocate and keep my job; as well as the other states salary.. which is
generally higher than the state I am in now.

I think if the employer knows your work ethic and your skills, they
are more apt to allow telecommuting.

Digest Receiver, so please email direct to gciotoli -at- ecs-inc -dot- com -dot-
Geri Lou Ciotoli
Dataline8000 Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=