Re: An ugly job incident (long)

Subject: Re: An ugly job incident (long)
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:49:28 -0700

I never delete older versions of docs when I leave a contract, unless
that's the SOP in that company (in a very recent contract, that was the
practice, nothing but the current version allowed). However, I always
keep a log of what I do for my own reference or in case of questions. I
have never had anyone complain about my taking that with me or deleting
it from the network.

I, too, think Barry is OTT on this. If it's done maliciously, of course
there is a problem, but someone who's just trying to clean up the mess
shouldn't be intimidated in this way.

I'd just make it a practice to leave everything there, except personal
notes (that's a ridiculous complaint by an employer) and let them decide
what to delete.

BJ

rlprice wrote:

>However personal notes and files =
> are not necessarily the property of the company nor is it unusual to =
> clear out old notes and files.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=