Need Help Fast!!!

Subject: Need Help Fast!!!
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- BESTSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:08:29 -0400

Friends,
I need help (but I won't get into the psychiatric questions) quickly.
Could you please answer the following questions and either email them
directly to me or the list. Our target audiences are adults who are
familiar with computers and, to a great degree Windows 3.x or 95. They will
be training on new software and this information will assist in developing
the training guides.

1. Would you describe steps with bullets, numbers, or some other form of
enumeration?
2. How many different types of enumerative devices (excluding numbers)
would you put into a training manual? Why?
3. Which of the following would you rather use and why?
Click the XYZ button.
Click on the XYZ button.
4. Other than quoting titles, do you use italics, and if so, for what?
5. Currently, we use the following convention. To indicate what option,
button, etc. someone is to select we bold the option button, etc. For
example, (using the asterisks as bold) Click the *ABC* button and
highlight the appropriate line.
6. Would you enclose any of the following elements in a box in the text or
instructions: Names of buttons, windows, or dialog boxes?
7. Do you use underlining and if so, when.

My heartfelt thanks to those of you who are able to respond quickly,
slowly, or who even think about it.

David Dubin
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage.
7.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=