Re: The Ugly Incident/sexism

Subject: Re: The Ugly Incident/sexism
From: "McMARTIN, Robert" <rmcmarti -at- BAEA -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:07:49 +0930

As Bruce is unable to answer to the list, at this date, so I'll respond
in his stead.

It is true that the connotation used in the words can have vastly
different meanings
both in how the words are used and said.

It still doesn't change anything. Some people can be the nicest
co-workers and the
worse bosses. Do they change their behavior, because of the job, or do
they change to
what they believe the job needs.

A person is a person, it is not until something is added to the equation
which changes
Joe, or Betty co-worker into the Boss from Hell.

Everyone on this list would probably no some one who changed and I'm
willing to bet
have called them by some of the names that have had both George and
Bruce suspended.

Speaking for myself, if a person is a mongrel too me, I will be a
mongrel back. If a person
treats me with dignaty and respect they will receive the same. But I
will do not tolerate a
loud mouth of any gender, rabbiting on to me, denigrating my ability, or
belittling me.

Enough I will no longer rise to this thread, I'm bored with it.

It was fun although I'm not sure if George :D and Bruce :-) would see it
that way.

Rob

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=