Re: Mac PageMaker 4.0 conversion to Word 97

Subject: Re: Mac PageMaker 4.0 conversion to Word 97
From: Greg Anderson <Greg -dot- Anderson -at- CENTRAL -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:10:54 -0600

Tom,

If PageMaker 4.0 supports Export to RTF (Rich Text Format), I recommend:

1. From PageMaker,v4.0 Open PM file and Export as RTF file.

2. In MS Word 97 Open RTF file and Save as Word.doc.

If a document is stored as an RTF file and the reading application can also
handle RTF files, no intermediate conversion is necessary and therefore no
data is misrepresented or lost.

An alternative file format to consider is WMF if the above does not meet
your requirements.

Regards,
Greg 'Andy' Anderson

Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM> posted:
|^|We have old manual files in PageMaker 4.0 for Macintosh
|^|that we want to convert to Word 97. Does anybody have
|^|experience with these conversions? Scanning the text using
|^|Visioneer PaperPort version 3.0 with a Hewlett-Packard
|^|ScanJet 4P requires too much clean-up in Word.
|^|
|^|Are there simpler ways to accomplish this? Can PM 4 export
|^|in a file type that Word can use with minimal clean up? Do
|^|any of the conversion software packages on the market do a
|^|good job? Any other hints or tips?

|| Greg 'Andy' Anderson | Sun Microsystems Broomfield, CO ||
|| Desktop Productivity Tools | Document Conversion Service ||
|| MS:UMBRM14-430 | email: greg -dot- anderson -at- Central -dot- Sun -dot- COM ||

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=