Re: <Ventt...kinda long> Polish That Resume

Subject: Re: <Ventt...kinda long> Polish That Resume
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:39:47 -0400

Greetings!

> Lately, I've noticed a number of postings from people that feel they've
> been wronged in their work place...and if you read their posts, maybe
> even fataly wounded.
[snip]
> OTOH, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US has, at some time or another, come across
> someone who doesn't interact with us the way we'd want them to. They may
[snip]
> more of is "Whoa, bummer, dude...polish that resume and see a lawyer."

In my career, it's only happened a couple of times where a situation was so
intolerable that I had to walk away from it polishing my resume. In all the
other situations, I've had to beat my head against at least one moron who
made my job difficult. But with a little patience, good humour, and lots of
ice cream breaks, I got the book/online help/whatever done. If I went postal
everytime I was badly treated by a fellow co-worker, I'd never get anything
finished.

We work with people and people can be wonderful, helpful, insightful,
arrogant, snobbish, and downright rude at times. Keep your eyes on the goal
and adapt to your environment to reach that goal. If you keep walking away,
how are you going to learn?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
--
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=