Re: ethical problem/job hunting (part deux)

Subject: Re: ethical problem/job hunting (part deux)
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:50:52 -0400

Greetings!

> Hope this question isn't too naive--but is jobhunting on the sly pretty
> much the rule Out There?

When I responded to this at first, I was speaking ideally/realistically, but
maybe I didn't really say what *I'd* do personally. Sorry.

I don't think I would tell my boss directly that I was job hunting. After
all, I'm always looking for new opportunities! I think it would make my boss
nervous and s/he wouldn't give me the juicy projects. But if my boss asked
me if I was looking for other work, I would honestly state that I always
keep my eyes open.

Maybe this make me sound like an untrustworthy employee/writer. But like I
said in a previous thread, it's only happened a couple of times where a job
was so intolerable that I had to polish my resume. When I start a project, I
do my best to see it to the end. If I find other work, the end of a project
allows me to make a clean break. If the end of the project means the end of
the job, I won't be left hanging the dirty end of the stick.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey (jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp. (Montreal, Quebec)

They say the pen is mighter than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
--
Do not confuse my opinons with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=