Re: The Kiss of Death

Subject: Re: The Kiss of Death
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:03:47 -0700

Hank sez:

> Absolutely astonishing. An anti-military prejudice. Shades of the
> Boomer '60s.

I don't think this is astonishing at all. At least not for me, who grew up
during the Vietnam war. Something about all those photographs... naked kids
covered with napalm... US soldiers happily displaying their trophies (heads,
ears, genitals)... massacred babies in a ditch... I dunno, that's what I
think of when I think of the military. Not a lot of positive connotations
there, eh?

As for the question at hand, would my anti-military prejudice affect who I
might hire? No. But still, I cringe a little when I see military stuff on a
resume.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

PS. This thread is on techcomm and techwr-l, and it's getting confusing.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=