Re: Fed up with Eric's Rules

Subject: Re: Fed up with Eric's Rules
From: Scott McClare <smcclare -at- DY4 -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:48:49 -0500

laughing
>stock of the technical communications community.

Speaking as a member of the so-called "technical communications
community," would you mind please asking my permission before presuming
to speak for me? Thanks.

>For too long, Eric Ray has controlled and restricted
information on
>this list. When people have raised controversial,
inflammatory, or
>decisive topics, he has stopped the threads, issued his idiotic
little
>ADMIN posts, and removed members who expressed their ideas.
Eric might
>not have a responsibility to publish, but he has taken his job
as list
>moderator WAY too far. He has gone beyond merely policing the
group,
>to practicing full-scale censorship and ppression.

If you don't like the way the moderator (read: owner) of a
mailing list conducts the list, then feel entirely free to leave it
alone. Vote with your feet.

Scott
--
Scott McClare - Technical Writer