Re: Reducing list volume

Subject: Re: Reducing list volume
From: Bill Bledsoe <bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:16:50 -0600

Thomas...

you bring up an excellent point... that you can manage your own list volume...
and your own content with any number of filtering methods. Besides Outlook,
Netscape Messenger, Qualcomm Eudora, and many other email clients offer the
same capabilities that Thomas describes. (Sorry aol'ers... nothing there for
you if you read with AOL mail.) Like I said in the earlier post... the Dr.
Suess filter is flying at all times! :-)

Let's summarize this whole "list/eric" discussion by saying... "If you don't
like this list, subscribe to another. If you have a beef... take it up with
the listowner... and reduce the public airing of soiled laundry."

as always... ymmv...

-bb

Thomas Quine wrote:

> Like others, my biggest problem with this list is the sheer volume of
> messages.
> For those of you who don't know, Outlook 98 has a great feature which can
> filter email from certain addresses, to certain addresses, or containing
> key words, and either put those messages into a folder you name, or delete
> them outright. It's called the Organize feature.
> I never read anything about RoboHelp or RoboHTML, so I have a "Robo" rule
> that deletes any messages in which the letters "Robo" appear.
> I also have an "Eric" rule, that deletes any message with the word "Eric"
> in the subject field or the message body before it ever gets to me.
> These two rules alone have reduced my message volume by 40%...
> Thanks for the good work, Eric...
> - Thom

Bill Bledsoe (bill -dot- bledsoe -at- cms-stl -dot- com)
Web Developer - CMS
St. Louis, MO - USA
"St. Louis is The Best Baseball Town in America"
peter gammons - espn 9-8-98
If Bill Said it, Bill Said it. Not CMS. Got it??

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=