Re: Too many buttons?

Subject: Re: Too many buttons?
From: Layna Andersen <laynaa -at- CARECOMPUTER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:32:49 +0000

> I must admit, you've piqued my curiosity. What do you need 100
> buttons for? I'm sure there's a simpler way to do this, and it'd
> prove to be an interesting problem for techwr-l to chew over.
> --Geoff Hart @8^{)}

Well, this product has well over 100 screens, almost every one of which needs
field descriptions (often of 15 or more fields) so that the user knows what to put
into each field. There won't be any paper help. The product is in Pro-IV rather
than "real Windows", so we can't have What's This Help.

What I did to fix my problem: I divided the field description jumps into A-B, C-
D, E-F, etc. None of those has more than 20 jumps in it, and they work so far.

Everyone out there should be really glad they aren't working on this particular
project. :-)

Layna Andersen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=