Re: All is not well in the Land of Telecommuting

Subject: Re: All is not well in the Land of Telecommuting
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- BESTSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:25:51 -0500

A few years ago, I worked for one of the Big Six accounting firms (which is
now the really big one and the big four) in the Computer Services and
Solutions department. For a long time, the person in charge of seating
tried to get me to telecommute since my boss worked in New York and I
worked in Florida. I refused, while other colleagues jumped at the chance.
As time went by, those colleagues who worked from home were virtually
forgotten by those that worked in the office. Only the folks that worked
projects with the telecommuters remembered who they were. When it came time
to make personnel changes, it was the telecommuters who were left at short
ends because they had no exposure and, for all intents and purposes, became
anonymous.

David Dubin
This has been one man's opinion. Yours may vary with mileage.
Coarse Developer
Tampa Bay Florida

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=