Name that product

Subject: Name that product
From: Carl Leonard <CLeonard -at- TFMG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:51:33 -0800

Several folks on the list have been having fun with the product-naming
process.... I've been guiltier than most. I do realize that it's an
important process, and I'd like to share a trick of the trade. There is a
product that greatly enhances the brainstorming process: Idea Fisher
http://www.ideafisher.com <http://www.ideafisher.com> .

Idea Fisher nudges you along, encouraging you to expand your thinking. As
you and Idea Fisher plow through the random thoughts and concrete facts, new
ideas pop up. You follow a lot of blind alleys... but then, isn't that how
creativity works? It works in any type of creative environment -
advertising, tech writing, product naming, poetry (really!), fiction - are
places where I've used it.

I first reviewed Idea Fisher in 1991 or 1992; I was so impressed that I
actually got my own copy. Many years and many versions later, I would
suspect that it is a much improved product (and it was pretty darned good
back then). I live in fear that I'll have to reload the program someday (I
only have 5 1/4" disks for it, and I don't have a computer with 5 1/4"
drives).

Other than being a once-impressed-reviewer and a now-satisfied-user, I have
no connection whatsoever with Idea Fisher.

Carl Leonard
Home is where you hang your @

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=