Re: Switch hitting (was TW and Marketing)

Subject: Re: Switch hitting (was TW and Marketing)
From: Carl Leonard <CLeonard -at- TFMG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:07:54 -0800

Let's see..... if I understand correctly from this thread, one could learn
to merge the skills needed for technical writing and marketing writing. I
strongly suspect that one type of writing would dominate. Hopefully, the
technical explanation skills would prevail over the
hype-the-product-you-oughta-buy-now skills.

However, the dominance of marketing skill over technical skill would explain
some of the aggravating manuals that I've read: the only thing that was
clear was that the writer thought that I should buy more products. The fact
that I couldn't figure out how to use the one that I already had was
secondary.

Carl Leonard
Home is where you hang your @

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=