Re: A Different Tread about Thread Names

Subject: Re: A Different Tread about Thread Names
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:47:34 -0600

> Some discussion groups have designated tags such as "JOB: ", "CHAT:
",
> "QUERY: ", "ADMIN: ", and so on for the convenience of those who
want
> to sort their incoming mail. Could we make a consistent set and
> get everyone to use them?

I don't know if this is relevant, (and I'm sure Eric will let me know
if it isn't!) but the Sheltie list does the above. They have about 8
categories, maybe more, with a single category that can only be used
by the administrator (ATTN) and a CHAT category for miscellaneous
stuff.

The interesting thing about this is that you cannot post without using
one if these categories in your subject line--the mail bounces back to
you otherwise--and you can subscribe to whatever headings you think
you might find useful (i.e., I'm not interested in breeding, so I
unsubscribed to the BREE subject, but I am interested in performance
dogs, so I do subscribe to the PERF heading).

There are enough headings that you can pretty much put anything you
might want to post under one of them, and anything else falls under
CHAT.

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=