ANON: (was ANON: Mgmt, references, samples, supervisor problem)

Subject: ANON: (was ANON: Mgmt, references, samples, supervisor problem)
From: Anonymous <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 06:34:17 -0700

Message forwarded on request. Please
reply on list.

****************************

I need advice from the list on how to handle a rather sticky situation.
Things between my supervisor and myself have become very strained; there is
fault on both sides, but mostly mine and I take responsibility for that. I
have changed my behavior, my attitude, and my work habits, but it has become
obvious to me and to others that he wants me out, and I am eager to go. I'm
looking for another position.

I have several questions:
Should I speak openly to my supervisor about the fact that I am looking for
something else? We both know what's coming (either I leave voluntarily or I
will be fired), and I feel I would really like to just put all our cards on
the table and, for once, be honest with each other.

How can I acquire samples of my work here? It's proprietary software
documentation, but it really reflects a major accomplishment that I feel is
important for prospective employers to see.

How do I explain this situation in an interview, if they want to know
whether my supervisor would give me a good reference, or why I don't want to
use him as a reference? How does one interview for one job if they don't
want their current employer to know? This goes back to question 1 about
whether I should just be up front with my supervisor about my intentions.

Thanks.

Message forwarded on request. Please
reply on list.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=