Technical name for the #?

Subject: Technical name for the #?
From: Annie Drynan <Annie_Drynan -at- SILVERPLATTER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:21:07 +0000

Thought I'd just mention another option, from the UK.

When I ring my answer phone to check messages while I am away from home,
the voice tells me to enter my security code "and press square". I've
*never* seen it called square anywhere else. Has anyone else?

And for a long time I thought that in England we called the symbol "hash"
because that was what it was called in the USA... Seems not.


Annie Drynan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Identifying Tables in Manuals
Next by Author: ANON: (was ANON: Mgmt, references, samples, supervisor problem)
Previous by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?
Next by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads