Regular expressions in Word/WordPerfect?

Subject: Regular expressions in Word/WordPerfect?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:31:48 -0700

A colleague needs to find an easy way to extract all proper nouns
(mostly names) from a large manuscript that will eventually become a
book. This seems to be a job tailor-made for Unix's grep, and I've
recommended that she seek out a friendly Unix geek at her university.
In case that doesn't work out, I seem to recall that either MSWord or
WordPerfect (or both?) support a form of advanced search and replace
entitled "regular expressions" that is very grep-like. (Don't you
just love that phrase?) I have an article on this at home that I'll
try to dig out of the [let's be kind] "archives", but in the
meantime, I'm wondering if any of our Word or WordPerfect experts can
point her to a reference that explains this. Please copy any
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=