Re: Regular expressions in Word/WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: Regular expressions in Word/WordPerfect?
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:51:32 -0500

Geoff Hart wrote

>A colleague needs to find an easy way to extract all proper nouns
>(mostly names) from a large manuscript that will eventually become a
>book. This seems to be a job tailor-made for Unix's grep, and I've
>recommended that she seek out a friendly Unix geek at her university.

Here is an OmniMark program that will output a list of all the capitalized
words in a document. Naturally it can't tell nouns from other parts of
speech. That would be a distinctly non-trivial task.

cross-translate
find (uc [letter or "-"]+) => capitalized-word
output capitalized-word
output "%n"
find any

This program can be run with OmniMark LE which is free from
http://www.omnimark.com

---
Mark Baker
Manager, Technical Communication