Re: Certification--the only compelling reason for

Subject: Re: Certification--the only compelling reason for
From: Kathleen Mattson <Kathleen_Mattson -at- PLANAR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:59:40 -0800

Jason wrote:

>>I can think of only one truly compelling reason for certification--to get
>>your resume past HR.

I agree with this. I've been working with computers -- as a programmer, in
tech support, training, techwriting, etc -- for about twelve years. I have
no degree. This has made me have to work much, much harder than my peers to
get my foot in the door. Of course, this late in my career my resume has so
much good experience that it's getting easier for me to get companies to
overlook their degree requirements--

If I had it to do over again, I'd go for the degree or any other
certification. My career would've been far easier to manage.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=