Pane or Panel ?

Subject: Pane or Panel ?
From: Matthew DONOVAN <MDONOVAN -at- KEYMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:33:04 +0100

Hello listers.

A quick terminology problem...

We develop a Windows-based application with several panes.
I have been asked to provide a definition of "pane" and "panel" to see
which best suits the areas of the program.

Could somebody help me?
I use the two without much discrimination.
Is there a *fundamental* difference between the two?

I see Microsoft et al use Pane to describe the areas in the HH viewer.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Donovan
User Education Manager
KEYMAGE