Re: trademarks

Subject: Re: trademarks
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- TELLABS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:54:18 -0600

Mike et al.,

Here's a useful website about trademarks:

http://www.ggmark.com

Betsy Maaks
reply to: bmaaks -at- tellabs -dot- com
--------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:07:05 -0800
From: Mike Christie <Michael_C2 -at- VERIFONE -dot- COM>
Subject: Trademarks as Nouns

This one has been bothering me for a while now.

People in our field generally know that, to quote the International
Trademark Association (INTA),

"Trademarks Are Proper Adjectives and Should Be Followed By Generic
Terms."
KLEENEX tissues
"Life Savers" candy
Kodak cameras

However, a previous manager of mine insisted that a trademark must
always be
used as an adjective, and never as a noun, in each and every occurrence
in a
user guide.
<snip>
Mike