Re: Sanity? at work? was Re: The Missing Technical Link Re: Word 97

Subject: Re: Sanity? at work? was Re: The Missing Technical Link Re: Word 97
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:02:48 -0600

> However, I don't really agree with your negative view of Easter eggs. Their
> main reason for existing is to credit the many people who create the
> software package, 'cause otherwise, they go unmentionned. They are not
> glitches, they're the credits at the end of a film!

Most Easter eggs I've seen do not include the programmers' names, so I
don't think they could be considered "credits."

> As long as they don't cause any problems, what's the harm?

Software bloat. My home computer only has an 850 mg hard drive, and I
resent being forced to invest in more disk space simply to hold Word's
crappy flight simulator and pinball game. I didn't ask for them, I
wasn't given the option to not install them, and they leave me less room
for far better flight simulators and pinball games.

Tracy the Grinch
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=