Re: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker - K2 is more than gossip

Subject: Re: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker - K2 is more than gossip
From: David Boss <bosscomm -at- INTERLOG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:31:17 -0500

K2 is an entirely new program that Adobe demonstrated at the recent Seybold
Expo and hyped as a "Quark killer" that will be released some time in 1999.
It is based on Bravo technology, makes much use of PDF, and has a number of
"gee-whiz" features like the ability to import text without frames, 4000%
zooming, free rotation of an entire page in 3D space while allowing
real-time editability of graphic and text elements, and support for Quark's
plug-in architecture. It is definately being positioned as a Quark
replacement, so may replace PageMaker, but I don't see it being a
replacement for Frame.

The above information comes from the November issue of Publish magazine, by
the way.

David Boss

Boss Communications
Technical Writing <> Corporate Communications
mailto:bosscomm -at- interlog -dot- com
http://www.interlog.com/~bosscomm
(905) 824-1384 <> Fax (905) 824-2208

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=