Speaking of help files

Subject: Speaking of help files
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:20:48 -0600

I'm about to interview at a company to update their help files and
write some documentation for new help files. Right now, everything
they have is in an earlier version of RoboHelp -- they don't know
which, but it has to be 4.0 or later, because it was developed under
Win 95.

Is there any advantage for them to migrate from WinHelp to HTML Help?
Is there much difference for me with regard to the interface? I'm
competent with earlier versions of RoboHelp, but I haven't used
anything past 4.0.

I learned RoboHelp on my own, so I assume I can learn HTML Help on my
own as well -- but I'd appreciate any information about any speed
bumps in my way.

Also, are the help files that come with Internet Explorer 4.0 HTML
Help based? If so, that gives me an idea for the look and feel of
HTML Help.

Thanks!

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If you can forgive your parents and forgive the Cubs, you can save
about $25,000 in therapy."
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=