Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 07:38:35 -0800

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:27:31 GMT, Barb Philbrick wrote:

>I look at certification the same way ---- you confirm a certain basic
>knowledge set. What they do (and how well they do it) after the test
>is up to them (or should we set up tech writing police?). I would like
>to have this base level of knowledge confirmed.

I was about to say, a Grade 12 diploma should confirm a "basic knowledge set"
for writing... but then thought better of it...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.

"Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

- Professor Robert Silensky
California University

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=