Re: Technical name for the #?

Subject: Re: Technical name for the #?
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 07:39:37 -0800

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 12:41:19 -0600, Vicki Schmitz wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what the precise name for the # symbol is and it's
>most commonly used name? I have heard it called the pound, the hash,
>the number sign, and the octothorpe.

I believe 'octothorpe' is the proper name for it -- 'pound' and 'number sign'
are things it represents.

Your friend and mine,
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Of my friend, I can only say this:
Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
His was the most... human.
- Adm. James T. Kirk
Spock's Eulogy, Stardate 8141.6

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: certification
Next by Author: Re: Front Page
Previous by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?
Next by Thread: Re: Technical name for the #?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads