TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:7 new positions - ONE MORE THING... From:Luisa Lago <llago -at- CCIMULTIMEDIA -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:36:39 -0500
I forgot to mention...at this time we can only accept applications from
people who are legally entitled to work in Canada, meaning you must have
Canadian citizenship, landed immigrant status or a valid work visa.
From: Luisa Lago
Sent: December 01, 1998 9:54 AM
To: 'TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU'
Subject: 7 new positions
I've posted this ad for CBT instructional designers/technical writers
before...hope you don't mind the repeat. We've hired three writers already,
but we just got some new (huge!) contracts confirmed, so we're ramping up
some more. We now have 7 new openings!
The main focus of this position is to build instructionally sound,
well-written courseware for CBTs. Writers work closely with subject matter
experts, multimedia developers and graphic artists to design concepts for
graphics and animations that are instructionally sound and relevant to the
* exceptional researching, writing and editing skills
* well organized and detail oriented
* experience in designing and writing documentation or training materials,
especially for new media
* understanding of information design concepts, especially as they relate
* good knowledge of computing operations and concepts; or able to grasp
technical concepts and clarify them for new users
* able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to courseware design
* enthusiasm and willingness to learn
* Technical skills: MS Office, basic graphics apps, project management
* Post-secondary education (BA in English, RPW or equivalent, or diploma
from accredited Technical Writing program)
* 3 to 5 years experience with portfolio
We also need subject matter experts in OS/390, Office 2000 and Windows
2000, plus graphic artists and new media developers. Any contacts you can
offer would be greatly appreciated!
Team Leader, Instructional Designer
Corporate Communications Interactive
322 King Street West, Suite 200
Email: llago -at- ccimultimedia -dot- com