Re: PC => MAC

Subject: Re: PC => MAC
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 02:06:04 -0800

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 03:44:42 -0600, Geoffrey A Wood wrote:

>So there I am on my Windows system, designing a multimedia recruitment =
>CD for the college where I work. I burn my first test version and start =
>testing it on various machines. I get to the MAC and fail miserably. =
>Turns out I should have used the MAC/ISO CD-R Protocol--but wait! =
>Adaptec says, "aayep, ya can't get there from here." The Direct CD and =
>Easy CD Creator software do not support cross platform protocols.=20

Make sure you set the software to write a basic ISO-9660 image. It seems
to me that Adaptec's software defaults to using Microsoft's Joliet format
(to support long filenames). ISO-9660 is the defined
lowest-common-denominator standard that should be readable by anything
with a CD-ROM.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"