Re: PC => MAC

Subject: Re: PC => MAC
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:06:18 -0600

HELP! Does anyone know of a method by which this can be done? The
info I have uncovered so far says you can easily go from MAC to PC
but not he other way around.

You've just stumbled onto one reason most multimedia development is done on
Macs. Most of the media mags, when they do their roundup of development
tools, will mention that the easiest way to get to cross-platform products
is via a Macintosh. I suspect it's because Mac developers, as a general
rule, are less arrogant about their platform being the only one in
existence, unlike their Windows counterparts.

That having been said, ISO-9660 is the interplatform format that's most
reliable. It doesn't support long file names, nor many other niceties, but
it *does* work, and that's the most important feature. I'm not familiar
with the software you're using for burning it, but if it doesn't support
burning ISO-9660 compliant CD-ROMs, throw it away and get some other
software. (If you're burning on a Mac, get Toast.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=