Re: Too Many Jobs?!?!?!?!?

Subject: Re: Too Many Jobs?!?!?!?!?
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:28:59 -0600

I wouldn't say that there are only a few places in the country where
TW pays well (at least for the area) and there are jobs available. I
know that in the Chicago area there are LOTS of jobs--many local
writers I've talked to have discussed the lack of qualified candidates
for those jobs. And there IS TW life outside of software
documentation, folks! There is plenty of work for people who don't
want to live on one of the "coasts".

Everybody has their "preferred" climate, culture, etc. From the tone
of a couple of recent posts, I can see that Californians live there
because they love it. Personally, I couldn't live without the chance
to drag out my sweaters every year and enjoy sub-zero temperatures--I
have even considered moving to Minneapolis (I sometimes see posts for
TW work in that area) because it gets COLDER there. So you'd have to
pay me a LOT to tempt me to California. But that's me...

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries
Rolling Meadows, IL
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=