Re: Degree

Subject: Re: Degree
From: Christina Downs <DOWNS -at- SERVICEWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:59:14 -0500

My 2 cents...

B.A. English Writing
B.S. Electrical Engineering
(double major)

Currently working toward an MAPW (M.A. in Professional Writing) with a
Technical concentration

I've been working in my first "real" TW job for over 3 years now. I
consider myself a "newbie" because I haven't done a variety of writing
(mainly all software procedure-writing but not documentation) or used many
of the TW tools yet (and I know the knowledge of tools doesn't make you a
TW, but I'd like to learn at least a few).

My graduate studies will help me gain some of the additional experience I'm
looking for. I plan to complement that with some seminars on various
software packages (possibly RoboHELP, FrameMaker, and probably a few others)
and maybe a few other courses here and there.

Thanks.

Chris
Christina M. Downs
Technical Writer, Content Development