Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: "Christian, Cathy" <Cathy -dot- Christian -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 08:54:16 -0800

The name Information Mapping is all that is "private" about this company. I remember some posts a while back that detailed the origins of this concept. Meanwhile, whatever name you call it, (I call it structured documentation) I think it is worth it to take the course - if nothing else, you'll have another tool for your skill set. You can tailor the style to fit your audience - the concepts stay the sme. That's what I love about it, and why I do not call it Information Mapping
.
I worked for a Seattle utility who mapped all their documentation. The manuals now sell nationwide to other utilities because they are so clear, easy-to -read, and the guys in the field can now make sense of what the engineers want them to do.

Cathy Christian
Technical Writer
425-237-6205 6C-FC
Seattle, WA
mailto:cathy -dot- christian -at- boeing -dot- com
You don't need to fear the darkness; all you do is light a candle.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=