Problem modifying contents file (.hhc) with HTML Help 1.2

Subject: Problem modifying contents file (.hhc) with HTML Help 1.2
From: Christopher Clunas <Christopher_Clunas -at- PROMIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:08:02 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to modify the contents file for an HTML Help project and have
run into strange behaviour. I am inserting headings and "included" .chm
files.

For example, suppose I modify the contents by appending a simple hierarchy
like the following:

Heading 1
Heading 2
Included chm file A
Heading 3
Included chm file B

(i.e. everything indented 1 level beneath the Heading 1)

The resulting contents displayed in the compiled help is a mess:

Heading 1
Heading2
Included chm file A
Heading 3
Included chm file B

(i.e. only the Included chm file A is indented).

In this example, only the Heading 1 and the Included chm file A end up
where I'd expect. The Heading 3 doesn't work at all; instead a little red
start is displayed on the folder icon when I try to expand it.)

No matter how I change the indenting levels, the results are unpredictable
and never quite right. Sometimes headings don't appear at all in the
compiled file's contents. The underlying HTML code looks fine.

If anyone has encountered this problem and knows a solution to it, I'd
appreciate hearing about it. I've already tried the WINHLP-L list without
any luck.

Since I receive the digest, please send any replies directly to me.

Thanks very much,
Christopher

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=